NIGERIAN INSTITUTE FOR OIL PALM RESEARCH (NIFOR)
(An institute under Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development)
Kilometre 7, Benin Akure Road, Private Mail Bag 1030, Benin City, Nigeria
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION TO TENDER FOR EXECUTION OF 2021 CAPITAL PROJECTS
The Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR) is a Federal owned agricultural research institute under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. The Institute provides support, through research and development to the oil palm, coconut, Raphia, date palm and Shea industry in Nigeria.
In compliance with the requirements of the Public Procurement Act (2007) of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, for certification of standard procedure for procurement of goods and services, the Institute intends to undertake a pre-qualification exercise for the approved capital project for year 2021. Accordingly, the Institute invites competent and interested contractors to indicate interest for pre-qualification to tender for the following projects.
- SCOPE OF WORK FOR 2021
LOT A: Completion/Rehabilitation of Roads and Buildings in the main station and Outstations
LOT B: Water Reticulation in the Main Station.
LOT C: Procurement of Research and Office Equipment, Consumables and Glassware
LOT D: Procurement of Research Project vehicles and Tractors
LOT E: Outreach Programme, Training and Dissemination of Research Results
- PRE-QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Only contractors that have proven capability, relevant experience and good track record will be considered for these competitive tenders. Such interested bidders are required to provide the following:
- Evidence of certificate of incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sown Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR) or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years – 2017, 2018 and 2019;
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project including Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for execution of the project when needed;
- Company Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (in case of construction: COREN, OSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.);
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letter of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease (where applicable);
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
- COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interest companies are to collect the standard Bidding Document (SDB) from the office of the Director/Head, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Department on evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 per lot, paid into the Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR)’s Remita account in any commercial bank.
- SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENT
Prospective bidders are to submit pre-qualification documents for each of the Lot desired; two (2) hard copies each of the technical bids packaged in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid”; and addressed to: The Ag. Executive Director/CEO, Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR), PMB 1030, Benin-Akure Road, Benin City and clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Ag. Executive Director/CEO’s office not later than 12:00 noon on 21st June, 2021.
- OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The technical bid will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission on 12:00 noon on Monday, 21st June, 2021 in the Institute’s Conference Hall, Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR) in the presence of bidders or their representatives. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Ag. Executive Director/CEO, as the Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR) will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the “Assistant Director/Head, Human Resource Management Department/Institute Secretary on the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) lots; (note: this maximum ceiling is important in order not to over-stretch bidder’s capacity, and causing delay in project delivery);
- All cost will borne by the bidders;
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording with the presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency and shall be made available to bidders upon request;
- Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only pre-qualified bidders will be contacted at a later date for collection of tender documents;
- The Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR) is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
N.B : Kindly send your Tenders to email@example.com